Every week without fail admins of Facebook Business pages receive an email titled “Your Weekly Facebook Page Update” which contains their Facebook traffic report. This simple report shows you important information about the number of new “Likes” for the week, how many people are talking about this with the percent of change and the weekly total read with the percent change from the previous week and more.
They also include a small link that says “See All Insights”. Here’s the magic question, how many admins and business owners take the time to click that link? What they are missing is some really important eye opening data about how your audience reacts to the content you post.
Here are 10 statistics Facebook Insights tell you about your Facebook traffic:
1. What post type drives the most traffic – Insights provides statistics to analyze your content by post type; post made directly on your page, photos, links, videos, questions, post from 3rd party apps. This data will allow you to see which type of post generates the most engagement.
2. What is the gender and age of the people who like your page – Insights provides statistics for how many females and males overall. And the percentages of each within 6 age brackets; 13-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54 and 55+. This data shows you which age bracket is more interested in your content.
3. What countries drive the most traffic – Insights provides statistics for the top countries with the highest number of people who liked your page during a specific period of time. This data will provide a guide when making decision to marketing to places that appeal to different countries.
4. What cities drive the most traffic – Insights provides statistics for the top cities with the highest number of people who liked your page during a specific period of time. This will show you which city has the most interest in your content.
5. What is the most popular language of your traffic – Insights provides the number of people who “Liked” your page during a specific time period broken down by the top languages. This data will show the most popular language your visitors speak.
6. Which post engaged your users the most - Insights provides the number of unique people who have clicked on your post. The clicks will be tracked up to 28 days after your post was originally published. You can view these statistics for all post types or by a specific post. This data will tell which type of post generates the most engagement from your traffic so you can create more of that format.
7. Where did your Likes come from – Insights provides statistics on “Like” sources. You will see the number of times your page was liked broken down by where the like happened. Likes can happen in different places including your Page, from News Feeds or on your website. This data will tell which source provides the most traffic to your page.
8. How many people have unliked your page – Insights provides statistics on the total number of unique people who have unliked your page each day for a specific period of time. This data will give you an idea of which type of post caused people to unlike your page.
9. How many people does your content reach – Insights provides statistics on the number of unique people who were friends with the people who liked your pages on a specific date. The number of unique who have seen any content associated with your page. This data will tell you the total reach potential your post have for your visitors and their friends.
10. Who is talking about your page - Insights provides statistics about the percentage of people who share your info from each age and gender bracket. The number of people who talked about your page broken down by country and city. This data will tell you all the number of unique people who shared your post and viral reach of your post.
Therefore, if you have 30 people or more who have liked your Facebook Business Page, you can access insights about your traffic activity.
Whether it is Facebook traffic or website traffic understanding the secrets to will discover how to use your website and online presence to attract new leads, more traffic and customers 24-7.
Copyright © 2012 Rising Star Ideas, LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide
Photo courtesy: SavvyBizBuilder.com